The BibRave Pros got the chance to be early adopters of the new recovery shoe offered by Oofos. Oofos is a brand of recovery sandals that inspire #HappyFeet even after the gnarliest of runs. The “Oofoam” technology absorbs 37% more shock with every step than other recovery foam footwear, reducing stress on the knees, hips, and back. Unlike regular flipflops that have zero flexibility and arch support, Oofoam is made to cradle your arches and allow full foot articulation. In short, they’re cushy pillows of happiness. Check out this video to learn more about the technology!
I already had a pair of their original sandals, so receiving the shoe before a 3 week running push including a 50k, half marathon, marathon, and 50 miler (in that order), was quite timely. Several of these races were in colder locations where having a full shoe was more weather appropriate. 🙂
- Amazing post-run recovery. I’ve been wearing them all week between races too with great effect. The stress on my hips seems to disappear within a day after the race for super fast recovery times.
- Lightweight and easy to pack
- Easy to clean. I threw mine in the dishwasher and air dried and I’m pretty sure they’d do find on the delicate cycle in the wash as well
- Same awesome Oofos technology but more appropriate for daily wear, especially in cold or wet weather.
- White soles. There are 3 color choices and only the black color has white soles. WHY?! I think a black or grey sole would look much better. The white sole on these makes them look a bit like hospital shoes.
- Price. $120. That’s about what I pay for my running shoes and it’s twice the price of their sandals. However, unlike sneakers which are replaced every few months, these guys are meant to last (I’m waiting to hear back from Oofos exactly how long they’re supposed to last).
Find out what other BibRave Pros think of the Oofos Oomg!